Friday, March 27, 2009

Quilting up Dish Towels!


Hello Girls,
Whenever I need a quick gift or just want to make something fast and fun I make a DISH TOWEL!!! These are my favorite things to make. A little fabric, Heat n Bond and a sewing machine and WALLA a Gift! I make these for my girlfriends for their birthdays and the hard thing is getting them to use them.
For Christmas my "wonderful" Husband got me a "Cricut Expression" and I use it to cut fabric. They are perfect for making dish towels. You iron Heat n Bond on the back of your fabric and run it thru like paper. You can do words and shapes. I love it.


I like to use flour sack dish towels and I get them at "Sams Club". I iron the pieces in place and sew a basket stitch around all the pieces. This one I added a button for the flower center and folded it in half and tied it with raffia.

This one has button centers too. I sewed the buttons on with crochet thread, tie a knot and then a bow. If I plan the gift I have time to crochet the bottom.




Crocheting the bottom is so easy. You use a small hook and it pushes thru very easy. I have done it this way for years and the wash up nice too!

1 comment:

  1. How refreshing!
    Such a fun website.
    Gayle, Annandale, VA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin